St. James Trade School and Brother James Court

Nonfiction, Reference & Language, Education & Teaching, History, Art & Architecture, Photography, Pictorials, Travel, Administration
Cover of the book St. James Trade School and Brother James Court by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court, Arcadia Publishing Inc.
View on Amazon View on AbeBooks View on Kobo View on B.Depository View on eBay View on Walmart
Author: Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court ISBN: 9781439639542
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing Inc. Publication: March 29, 2010
Imprint: Arcadia Publishing Language: English
Author: Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
ISBN: 9781439639542
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing Inc.
Publication: March 29, 2010
Imprint: Arcadia Publishing
Language: English
Helping orphaned and disadvantaged boys get a chance at a better life was the mission of Brother James, founder of the Franciscan Brothers of the Holy Cross, a German Catholic Order that sent Brothers to the United States in 1924. To that end, St. James Trade School was established in Springfield, Illinois, in 1928. Two years later, the first group of apprentices was admitted; they and hundreds who followed them through 1972 went on to become certified mechanics, carpenters, and electricians among other valuable trades. High school diplomas were earned beginning in 1948. In 1975, Brother James Court (BJC) opened with a brand new building specifically designed as a residential intermediate care facility. BJC provides both residency and advocacy for developmentally disabled men. Providing the highest quality care, consistent with the spirit and principles of the Franciscan Brothers of the Holy Cross, programs at BJC meet residents� needs and allow them to live happily at BJC for as long as they need.
View on Amazon View on AbeBooks View on Kobo View on B.Depository View on eBay View on Walmart
Helping orphaned and disadvantaged boys get a chance at a better life was the mission of Brother James, founder of the Franciscan Brothers of the Holy Cross, a German Catholic Order that sent Brothers to the United States in 1924. To that end, St. James Trade School was established in Springfield, Illinois, in 1928. Two years later, the first group of apprentices was admitted; they and hundreds who followed them through 1972 went on to become certified mechanics, carpenters, and electricians among other valuable trades. High school diplomas were earned beginning in 1948. In 1975, Brother James Court (BJC) opened with a brand new building specifically designed as a residential intermediate care facility. BJC provides both residency and advocacy for developmentally disabled men. Providing the highest quality care, consistent with the spirit and principles of the Franciscan Brothers of the Holy Cross, programs at BJC meet residents� needs and allow them to live happily at BJC for as long as they need.

More books from Arcadia Publishing Inc.

Cover of the book Lee County Islands by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book Wheeling by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book Anna Maria Island by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book Washington by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book East Hampton by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book Lewisboro Ghosts by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book Minnesota's Notorious Nellie King by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book Native American & Pioneer Sites of Upstate New York by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book The Oklahoma Cowboy Band by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book Alameda by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book West Chester by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book Daytona Beach Lifeguards by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book Pine City by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book It Didn't Play in Peoria by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
Cover of the book Company Towns of Michigan's Upper Peninsula by Franciscan Brothers at Brother James Court
We use our own "cookies" and third party cookies to improve services and to see statistical information. By using this website, you agree to our Privacy Policy